49 Mile Scenic Drive Street Sign: Now YOU can own this San Francisco icon
You see these iconic city markers all over the city. That white seagull on a field of blue, wing outstretched pointing toward… the best of San Francisco!
The seagull became a street sign in 1955 when local artist Rex May won a design contest to redesign the (1938-era) 49 Mile Scenic Drive markers —and it has been a San Francisco icon ever since.
In fact, these retro, mid-century design street signs are so cool, so iconic—people have been stealing them ever since! Stop it.
Your very own 49 Mile Scenic Drive replica seagull sign is just a click away.
- full color: “international orange” lettering, blue sky, white gull.
- 18″ wide x 22′ tall
- 2 mounting holes (centered top/bottom)
- .040″ thick aluminum
- made in the U.S.A.
These aluminum signs are:
- INDOOR use, will last decades
- Light enough to mount on a wall (1.6 lbs)
- OUTDOOR use, will last at least 3 years
- Resistant to harsh weather (heat, humidity and snow)
- Naturally rust-proof, water-proof and chemically resistant
And they look AWESOME!
Get yours before they sell out!
The best SF souvenir, ever—the best SF gift—the perfect reward for WALKING the 49 Mile Scenic Drive
Usually ships within 3 days
FREE LOCAL PICK UP “WILL-Call” OPTION
—you pick up product
—location: near Cow Palace in San Francisco
—by arrangement (day, evenings and weekend options)
—we will call or email you when order comes through